Daniel Pink 6 Senses Class Site

Saturday, October 27, 2012

20% Project: Online Educational Resources

My 20% project has been evolving on a weekly basis. I started out with the idea to make online video lessons for my niece and nephew that I tutor in Spanish and History. I have not made a video yet, but I have begun to explore a variety of online educational resources that I believe fit each of them as individual learners. So far, I have used Quizlet and Prezi, you can see an earlier blog post entitled "Update on 20%" for more about those resources. I still want to create a online video lesson, but I do feel like I am working my way up to it. This week, I assigned my niece a different studying method that I think fits her as a visual learner. I found a great website that has free interactive graphic organizers, and you can type directly into them and then save the document as a pdf. The graphic organizers are designed by Holt (click for link). Here is a screenshot of the types of graphic organizers available on their website:

2 comments:

  1. Great resource. These graphic organizers can be very helpful and have seen them used effectively and efficiently to help struggling students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome organizers! What a great share!

    ReplyDelete