Daniel Pink 6 Senses Class Site

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Update on my 20% Project: Prezi & Quizlet

     This is the first week I decided to actually begin working on my 20% project. I asked my niece and nephew to tell me what specific areas they needed the most help on. My niece told me she was confused about Shays' Rebellion. I decided to use Prezi to make her a presentation, but I did it in Spanish, because she is in a Spanish dual immersion U.S. history course. The translation for that is, that her class is taught in the Spanish language regarding U.S. History content. My Prezi is not perfect, but it was my first time making a presentation through it. There is a way to embed audio, but it seemed like a complex and tedious process. So my only complaint with Prezi is that I think they should develop some way to insert audio via Prezi. Check out my presentation! Interestingly enough, I wasn't able to find one single presentation via Youtube or Prezi that covered Shays' Rebellion in Spanish. I think that this is something that hasn't quite been worked on. I find it to be very exciting to be going through uncharted waters. I also did a Google search for hashtags on Twitter used by dual immersion educators, but I didn't find one. I'm considering the idea of starting one...


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been wanting to learn Prezi too, so this definitely gives me some inspiration. And I love using Quizlet for flashcards. I used to embed them into my class website so students could all practice my lists from home easily. Did you know that you can use the same vocab list to play games too? If you didn't I'll show you at class tonight. :)

    You should definitely start a dual immersion hash tag if there isn't one! Sounds innovative, exciting, and super topical in education today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry! I wasn't reading carefully. Of course you saw the games, you mentioned one in your post. My apologies!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are having fun with technology. Great Prezi and quizlet quiz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff Alexis! I've used Prezi in the past too and really like it! You've minimized the zooming in and out which can really get in the way of a nice presentation (not to mention the motion sickness! ; )

    I haven't used Quizlet, but I will now after seeing the multiple uses one can apply to a single dataset! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete